Focus around play, numbers and communication is often a subject for exploration in my works. By working towards playing together in our world we can achieve more than in isolation and fear of other.
Mary has 20 years experience in Occupational Therapy and has been pursuing Sculpture for last 15 years, making and exhibiting work in solo and group exhibitions.
Her public art commissions include St John of God Hospital, and Ballarat Health Services. She is a member of the National Association of the Visual Arts, Contemporary Sculptors Association and Association of Sculptors Victoria.
- Master of Fine Art, RMIT Melbourne 2014
- Residency at Imagine Gallery Beijing Feb/March 2011
- Honours Fine Art (Sculpture) Ballarat University, 2009
- Bachelor Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) 1979
- Dalchem prize at the Annual Awards of the Victorian Sculpture Society at Yarra Sculpture Gallery 2012 and 2015
- Emerging artist prize at the Melbourne Flower and Garden Show 2009